Book and Fitness Goal Update #2 and February Goals
- Read Twenty books (I’ve read eight so far)
- Two books about the Bible/God
A book about marriage
- A book about parenting
A book about home education
- A book about healthy living
A fiction book
- A Spanish book (in progress)
- A devotions book – in progress
A history book or biography
- A book for PTC (Preliminary Theological Certificate through Moore College)
- A read aloud with the kids (ie finish reading The Hobbit to them)
Having read (at least) eight from twenty, and four of my other specific goal-books, I’m well on the way to achieving my goal for the year.
January Fitness Goal
My fitness goal for January was to exercise for 500mins in January. As of last night (25th Jan) I crossed the line and am currently sitting on 511mins. I will keep exercising this month though!
In February I’d like to achieve:
- Reading three more chapters of The Hobbit to the kids – read alouds are a slow process here
- Finish reading my Spanish book
- Read one other book
- 600 mins of exercise for the month (and a shorter month makes it 21m30s on average each day to reach the goal)
- Spend at least 30mins of that 600mins hooping.
New – Diet and Nutrition Focus
- In February I’m going to focus on what I drink, aiming to drink almost exclusively water. The rules are as follows.
- Acceptable drinks are water and herbal tea. My morning Berocca is also fine (5cal and it’s a vitamin!)
- Allowable exceptions for this are: I am allowed to have a smoothie if I make a smoothie as my snack (morning or afternoon tea) and don’t eat anything else. I am also allowed to have a glass of flavoured milk OR a glass of powerade after a heavy workout of at least 45mins.
Basically, the idea is that I’m generally not consuming calories by what I drink. This is a focus for the month, rather than a goal of achieving this for “x” days or not breaking the rules at all in February, it’s just something I’m going to try to be conscious about and diligent at making wise choices.
I’ll let you know how I go!