Book Goals for 2013
I’ve worked out that my book-reading year begins at Christmas. New books as gifts, holidays at home with plenty of leisure time to read… my book reading year starts on Christmas Day.
My goal for Christmas Day 2012 to Christmas Day 2013 is to read 20 books. Given that I’ve already read two (one quite short but it was a Christmas gift) and am a few chapters into the third, I hope it’s an achievable goal.
Within the twenty books, I’ve set guidelines for twelve of the books I want to read:
- Two books about the Bible/God
- A book about marriage
- A book about parenting
- A book about home education
- A book about healthy living
- A fiction book
- A Spanish book (ie a learning Spanish book, although reading a book written in Spanish would be good also)
- A devotions book
- A history book or biography
- A book for PTC (Preliminary Theological Certificate through Moore College)
- A read aloud with the kids (ie finish reading The Hobbit to them)
The rest… I’ll read what I want.